CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ahnika's Tests

Quick update while I sit here allll hyped up waiting for my hubby to get home...

Ahnika had her 1st Grade California Achievement Test last week for homeschooling. It went quite well!!!! YAY!

Her language reading vocabulary was scored at 3rd grade level.

Her language reading comprehension was scored at 4th grade level!!! WOW!

Her math skills were scored exactly (to the month) at her current first grade level.

Her math computation was a bit lower - but still within range... AND considering the fact that it was the very first part of her test, she'd never taken one before, and the equations that the guy read off to me that she had missed were simple compared to what we've been doing here, I'm not worried about it... Though it did bug me for a few days since I know she's better at it than that, even if it isn't her strong point!

But good grief! I am SO stinkin' proud of her for the reading!!!!!!!! And thrilled! I was expecting close to 3rd grade reading level - but even higher at age 6! W00T! :0)

So homeschooling seems to be working out well!

And Talia is getting better at reading every day! And has surpassed the "kindergarten readiness list". *RELIEF*

I need to get back in the swing of things again pretty soon though so that the ball doesn't get dropped!

God is good!

1 comments:

A day in the life of said...

She takes after her smart mommy! Good job though to your daughter!