CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

I Really SHOULD be...

...Ironing.
On a scale of one to ten that probably rates right about a 3 in house-work thrills, however. Thus, here I sit, wasting time.
The last couple of days haven't been vastly unproductive though, truthfully... I completed the tedious task of taking alllll of the girls' fall and winter clothing items out of their drawers and closets, and going through bags and rubbermaid containers of spring and summer clothing to replace them with. There simply isn't room for everything to be out at once. I found that Talia now has an over-abundance of shorts and capris for this summer. I mean a TON! Jules has quite a large amount of clothing as well. Ahnika needs a couple pairs of shorts, due to her growth spurt of at least 4-5 inches over the past 6 months, but that will be remedied shortly!

The last load of such clothing is currently in the washer! Thank You, Lord! (Even though the storage is "air-tight" I cannnot bring myself to put it directly into their room without washing it first.)

In other news, Ahnika is going over addition and subtraction flashcards in preparation for her CATesting this Thursday morning (which I'm terrified over, considering she's never taken an SAT type test before and likes to take her sweet time answering questions around here... ARGH.)

Talia has made GREAT progress in reading over the past couple of weeks! That's a huge answer to prayer and I'm thrilled!!! She's done wonderfully!

Jules is sick. Again. Every time she's in the church nursery, she gets a nasty fever/cold/congestion/cough deal. There are a LOT of kids in there though, so it's inevitable. Still aggravating however... She's way behind on her shots, and has been consistently sick and unable to get them for a while now. Poor baby. I kept her out for a month or so earlier in the winter when the REALLY bad flu and stomach virus were going around. Dean and I took turns staying home with her. That did wonders!!! And I do know it's the nursery, as that's the only place she really goes other than the park lately. Ah well... Infant tylenol and motrin is a God-send! :)

Orville is about to be sent to Myanmar to feed the starving. And I don't mean by playing pack mule with food packages. HEH.


Our family may be undergoing some major changes within the next few months. More on that later! In the meantime, just pray for wisdom and courage and clarity!

Oh - happy sidenote of the day.. it's in the 50's outside today!!!! I'm thrilled! A great break from the 80 degree heat and humidity we'd already been experiencing this May! ;)

2 comments:

Sarah C said...

Ah, yes, housework. the joy that never ends =) Note I am also on the computer =)

We'll be praying for the things going on in your family and for poor Jules. Hope you had a great Mother's Day - you certainly have a beautiful family!

Robyn said...

Thank you so much for your prayers! Truly Appreciated!
Jules is actually doing much better now - still a residual cough.. but that's about it I believe. Now she just needs to STAY that way to get those blasted shots! :0)

And thank you for the mother's day wishes as well! I'm of the opinion that my girlies are the most incredible and beautiful out there too! ;)

Now - back to the housework I'll attempt to get - again. ha