CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Explaining Sept. 11th

Today I got to explain Sept. 11th to Ahnika. (Yikes... but she asked why it was a "holiday"... heh)
Upon finishing my rather brief explanation of the sick, chaotic story, she said...
"Why? Because they had nothing better to do?" (heh again - sarcasm from a 7 year old =D)
And I gave her a bit of a better explanation of the events.
Ahnika: "Well that must not have made God very happy."
Also true.

Then she brought up a book about two ladies who had been traveling from another country to New York for a special flower show that was supposed to take place on Sept. 11th - a true story. We read the book a LONG time ago... probably close to a year! It never ceases to amaze me, the trivia my children pull from mid-air... and most of it learned during story time!

It struck me again just how different the lives of my children will be, when compared to the world I knew as a child.

1 comments:

A day in the life of said...

I had a feeling you left a comment on my blog...sure enough you did. Thanks for the comment.
How are things? Did you guys move yet? How's the music going?....Have a great weekend!