CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Excuses Excuses

*Yes, my profile is now pink.  Go figure.  It IS easier to read now, however...  You'll just have to imagine a palace.  Also, I liked the bubbles. ;)

This is why I have SUCH a hard time dieting.  I come from a good German heritage on one side... which means that my metabolism naturally is awful, and I LOVE to bake, and enjoy what I bake! :)
Now... can you blame me...  ;)

 



I LOVE the steam rising off the top of the bread in this picture.  I made cinnamon butter to go with the cinn. bread - as I usually do.




Chocolate Cherry Torte  





Homeade chicken stew and pan rolls... mmmmmmm  (stew also freezes well - if it lasts that long! =D)




Pumpkin Pie




Chocolate Cream Pie (there was homeade whipped cream to go on top - but I left that up to individual preference.  Speaking of which, homeade whipped cream is SO good if you put barely any powdered sugar in - soooo delicious!  My mother said that in Ireland they serve it unsweetened in the coffees, etc. - oh yum! ;)   )




Sour Cream Chocolate Coffee Cake - our Christmas tradition!





Talia's 5th birthday cake... with buttercream frosting =D  She wanted a Little Pony Treasure Chest cake... so there ya go!



I do give away at least half of what I make - still...  =D   I'm in dire need of some healthy recipes...  and by healthy I mean that I do realize my entire diet cannot consist of butter, sugar, and chocolate!

So have at it people!  Give me some YUMMY recipes to work with!  Remember.. I love to bake, (and as my friend Jess said, I should probably open a bakery - OH for free time.. haha) so none of this tofu nonsense  (because A - one of my daughter's is quite allergic to soy, and B - it isn't actually good for you in large quantities any more than chocolate is.   ;)  )...  
Even if you don't know me, feel free to regale me with recipes! =D    

3 comments:

A day in the life of said...

Oh boy those desserts look fabulous! You will have to share your cinnamon rolls recipe sometime. My problem is I love to bake but I dont do it that often due to me trying to lose weight! I will have to look thru my recipes to see if I have any healthy baking recipes. TTYL. Have a great week!

Sarah C said...

Holy Moly Robyn: so decadent! My husband would LOVE all that stuff (not that I wouldn't - I just wouldn't consume as impressive an amount!)
Everything looks so delicious, and I think you accomplished the opposite of your purpose as I want the recipe for the chocolate coffee cake. Pleeeeease!
As far as healthy recipes, I "try" to cook rather healthy foods and will link to them on my blog as I discover and try them out . . does that count?
Thanks for being my faithful commenter =)

Robyn said...

Lisa - I keep trying to not bake, but my self control in that area is horrid. ;) The cinnamon bread recipe is actually in my Betty Crocker book... just the reg. white bread recipe, with cinn/sugar added! And I added an extra 1/2 tsp of yeast. heh :0)

Sarah - I'll email you the recipe at some point today! (hopefully ;) ) It's supposed to be made in a tube pan,but I just use a large cake pan! soooo yummy! espec. when it's still warm... And I'll be looking for those healthy recipes! I've loved some of the ones you've put up so far!!!