CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

This Weeks Book List

I try to keep track of all the library books we read, so I figured I may as well start doing my list on here instead of msw...  Here's our list for part of this week.  I'm typically at the library more than once a week, and our list is often much longer than this... but I had so many of my own books a couple of days ago, that I ran out of room in our (very large) library bag... also, the librarians give you fishy looks for carting half their stock out the door. ;)

Grandma's Beach - Rosalind Beardshaw
The Perfect Pony - Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. Shelagh McNicholas
The Birthday Doll - Jane Cutler, Hiroe Nakata
Montezuma's Revenge - Cari Best, Diane Palmisciano  (I thought this one would be cuter than it was... but wasn't horrid to sit through either way.)
This and That The Sound of TH - Peg Ballard
Gifts for Gus The Sound of G - Peg Ballard
Chad Checks The Sound of CH - Peg Ballard
(I'm hoping those 3 will be of great use to Talia in her reading endeavors - they have a TON of them at the library!)
Creative Kids Nature Crafts - Joy Williams
The Science Explorer, Family Science Experiments from the World's Favorite Hands On Museum
(We haven't done any of the crafts or the projects yet, but they look like they'll be super.)
Young Cam Jansen and the Library Mystery - David A. Adler, Susanna Natti
When Daddy Took Us Camping - Julie Brillhart
Marsha Makes Me Sick - Barbara Bottner, Denise Brunkus
Henry's Freedom Box, A True Story from the Underground Railroad - Ellen Levine, Kadir Nelson  (This one sparked quite the question/discussion time about slavery in the United States.  After reading it, Ahnika decided that she wants to study that period of history next... so we'll likely have a decent amt. of books on similar topics next week.)
Loveykins - Quentin Blake (this bk. was a riot)
The Bird House - Cynthia Rylant, Barry Moser
When Elephant Goes To A Party - Sonia Levitin, Jeff Seaver (This was a GREAT book on etiquette and manners!  I had no idea until we started reading it, but well done!!!)
Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Jim Aylesworth, Barbara McClintock (lovely pictures - I can never resisit a classic with beautiful pictures =D)
The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings - Stan and Jan Berenstain  (cute and simple)
At This Very Minute - Kathleen Rice Bowers, Linda Shute  (I loved this bk. - makes kids think beyond themselves and being the center of their own little universe ;)   Also, it was just a pleasant story to read.)
Green Eyes - A. Birnbaum (A Caldecott Honor Book, and well deserved.  Bright, large pictures and cute story.)

4 comments:

A day in the life of said...

If only I can get bookings and people won't back out I will be encouraged. Did you want something out of the book I can get it for you? Whats your favorite candle scent? Let me know and I can send it to you. I can ship it out to you. You can try to do a book party too...Get a 50.00 item for only 10 bucks if you do a book show! Its so worth it plus you get 35 percent of free merchandise from your show

Sarah C said...

Oooh, I loved Berenstein Bears! Sounds like a really fun list!

Sarah C said...

Robyn: If you haven't already checked it out, this is a great site for homeschooling resources and networking of sorts:

http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/

Robyn said...

S. - Wow! I thought I'd seen just about every home schooling site there was, but apparently I hadn't seen that one! It definitely has a lot of great info.! Thank you!
(HA.. and I got a kick out of the "homeschool uniforms" - 'Feel Free To Use Big Words. I Am A Homeschooler.' =D )