CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm so in love!!!!!!!

I am SO thankful that God doesn't require perfection. He merely requires purity. Love for Him above all else and love for others that flows out of that transparent relationship with Him.

Striving is a word that I could use to describe what I used to think of my relationship with God. Striving to always do better, be better, think better, act better.
The words I use now are:
Freedom
Passion
Love

Serving my Savior - my Redeemer - out of love is such a different thing than serving Him out of guilt, requirement, and "law". Beth Moore was SO correct in mentioning in one of her studies that if we do not feel a passion for our Savior, as His bride and special creation, we will fill that void in us with passion for other things... I filled that quite a bit! In the end it came down to me striving to perfection instead of relaxing in His love, accepting His cleansing sacrifice for my ultimate imperfection no matter WHAT I do or how hard I tried, and just desiring Him! The works that "prove" my faith flow naturally out of a heart of relief and love after that!

There are moments that I cling to His grace with everything in me and moments that I can do nothing more than laugh in delight and dance before Him in joy for His goodness and because of who He is!

When the Ark of the Covenant was being restored to Jerusalem, David was celebrating with everything in Him before God, in thankfulness for God restoring His presence in their land! How can I not do the same before God when that relationship is restored, or when I'm full of joy for what He has done for me?! The simple answer - I can't! And I would be WRONG not to!

2 Samuel 6:14 & 15 "David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the Lord with all his might, / while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets."

Further on (vs. 16-23) Saul's daughter reprimanded him for His transparency and enthusiasm before God, and was harshly punished! David's reply to her was (vs 21 & 22) "...I will celebrate before the LORD. / I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes..."

He was completely humble in his excitment over God! Willing to become undignified to follow after the heart of his Lord! Just incredible! And God did, in fact, call him a man after His own heart! Not composed and "spiritual" (aka numb and dry and dead) but wild with joy and overflowing with love and thankfulness!

Psalms 126:3 - "The Lord has done great things for us and WE ARE FILLED WITH JOY!"

Jeremiah 31:13 "Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow."

When God has forgiven us and healed our brokenness, it is only our own selfishness that makes us want to wallow in guilt and "beat ourselves up" - even in some ways, try to prove ourselves to God by what we do, instead of doing for Him out of pure motives and pure love. satan wants nothing more than to oppress the children of God, and has absolutely no scruples in what he does to try to separate them from a free and joyful relationship with their Creator and Redeemer! Calling Him Redeemer or Savior is not done lightly - especially in my case! I am in awe.

My prayer is that I will be transparent before God alone. It is ONLY Him that I answer to! Not a pastor or a family member or a friend... Just Him. What amazing freedom that is! That I don't have to check with anyone but my Jesus, and His Word for wisdom or Truth! I cannot and absolutely should not seek acceptance from anyone else - the praise and affirmation of those around me merely wet the bottom of a very large and empty cup. Only His Holy Spirit can fill that up to overflowing! And where the Spirit of the Lord is THERE IS FREEDOM (2 Cor. 3:17)! Because there is NO room for anything else! Please, Jesus, help me to be pure in heart and motive before You - to not quench Your Spirit by seeking and worrying about what others think and how I measure up compared to them. YOU ALONE are my comparison. And I want You. only.

2 comments:

A day in the life of said...

What a great and awesome thought! What an awesome God we have!

Sarah C said...

I'd love to add a thought, but looks like you got the whole thing covered! Thanks for a wonderful post with great thoughts and verses. I couldn't agree more!